Category Archives: Beauty Tutorials
Sequins, Crystals & Silk! Nigerian Design label Chidinma Obairi presents its Spring/Summer ’13 Collection Lookbook
American bride wearing a Contemporary Western Wedding Dress (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
How to apply bridal makeup correctly is something every bride needs to know prior to making her grand entrance down the aisle. Following a few makeup application tips can help every bride look perfect on her special day wthout any added stress.
Easy Bridal Makeup Application
A bride’s makeup should be natural looking, but also emphasize her features so they look beautiful in photographs. How to apply bridal makeup depends on both the theme and time of your wedding. Evening wedding looks can be slightly more dramatic with sultry eyes and bold shadows. Daytime bridal makeup should be minimal with neutral eye shadows and rosy lips. Every bride should emphasize blush and lips for the most foolproof and timeless bridal beauty.
No matter what a bride’s wedding makeup style is, she should always apply makeup before putting on the wedding gown unless it must go over the head. In this case, use a bed sheet to cover the bride from the décolletage to the floor to protect her gown.
Register for the Transformation Studioz’ 6 Day Special Make-Up Effect Workshop in Abuja
Transformation Studioz is a modern day make up company based in Abuja. With a team of well trained make-up artists, Transformation Studioz has a wealth of experience especially in Nollywood.
Transformation Studioz presents 6 days of special makeup effect at their workshop using Sculpt gel. Areas to be covered include: bruises,burns, gunshot wounds, cuts, scars & other fleshy trauma.
Register and get a complimentary pack of sculpt gel(silicone).Hurry and register today because it pays to register early. Registration in December 2012 is N95,000. For registration done in January 2013 the price is N100,000 and in February 2013, it’s N110,000
Registration forms available at Sleek Studio floor Bloomsberry plaza, Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Wuse II Abuja and St Ola makeup stand & Studio 24, Near Amigo Supermarket, Wuse II,Abuja.
Date: Saturday 25th February – Saturday 2nd March 2013
Venue: Suite FB 44-45 New Banex Vom Plaza, Aminu Kano Street, Wuse II, Abuja
Contact: For more information and general inquiries, call 08035445072| 08023073076| +447404456672 | Add BB Pin 29A00E06 | Like their Facebook Page –www.Facebook.com/TransformationStudioz | Log on to their website – www.TransformationStudioz.com
Now we know you all want to achieve that perfect makeup finish every time you do your makeup. So here are a few basic tips to help get you started.
1. Always moisturize your skin morning and night. Skin that is not hydrated will not hold makeup well and will look cakey.
2. Use your brushes!! Good tools make a world of difference to your makeup application. There are specific tools for the job at hand so brush up on your tools to help you get that perfect finish
3. Blend.. The most important tip on makeup is learning to be patient and blend blend blend.. Blending is the difference between good makeup and amazing makeup. Spend time blending your eyeshadow, your blush, and especially your foundation. You want your makeup to look like second skin and so it should not be obvious or have any streak marks.
Try these three basic tips and see how you go..
Applying lipliner is not only a great way to define and accentuate the shape of your lips, but also to keep your lipstick from feathering.
1. Begin applyling lipliner at the center of your natural upper lip line to define the bow then work toward the outer corners to complete the line.
2. Start at one corner of your bottom lip then follow your natural lip line all the way to the other corner.
Tip: Choose a lipliner that matches your lipstick or a flesh tone shade for a soft, natural look.
Tip: To get plumper, pinker looking lips, do not touch up by drawing a hard lip line; smudge it so lips look fuller! For a more dramatic fullness, choose a lipstick shade with a hint of frost.
Tip: To avoid lipstick on your teeth, put your index finger in your mouth and then draw it out slowly with your mouth closed. What you see on your finger is what would have ended up on your teeth!